The Society for Sensible Explanations (SSE) is an organization that promotes science, critical thinking and sensible explanations for alleged paranormal events. The SSE is a skeptic group based in the Puget Sound region of Washington state and members meet several times during the year, usually in Seattle, to hear speakers and have fun. The meetings are social events for members to exchange ideas and have a good time. If you think you would enjoy such a group, please join us at our next meeting.
The Society for Sensible Explanations is formed to promote science, critical thinking and sensible explanations for alleged paranormal events. The basis for the Society is to encourage individuals to use the tools of science and reason to confront the proliferation of pseudo-science ideas in our society. The goal of the Society in presenting differing views, or providing additional data, is to serve the community and individuals in a positive way.
The Aims of the Society
- Promote sensible explanations for paranormal claims.
- Encourage critical thinking.
- Investigate claims of paranormal events, subject to the resources of the group.
- Promote real science as an antidote for pseudo-science.
- Not to reject claims on a priori grounds and encourage reasonable open-mindedness.
- Support other groups and publications with similar aims.
- The Society, as a group, tries to help and encourage individual efforts to debunk false or counterfeit science claims. No member may make statements on behalf of the other members or for the Society.